More than 1 in 3 women and nearly 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, according to the CDC. Due to a burgeoning wave of support for survivors, many are seeking help in record numbers.
This July, our Color Street Foundation focus is on sexual assault awareness, prevention, and survivor support.
Through the end of July, $2 from the sale of each set of Raise Your Voice will be donated to two organizations that do outstanding work to raise awareness, help survivors of sexual assault, and prevent sexual violence through discussions about consent and bystander education. We are honored to partner with RAINN and PAVE to ensure that survivors have the help and resources they need to heal and move forward.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN’s programs aim to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.
- PAVE (Promoting Awareness Victim Empowerment) is a national nonprofit that uses education and action to shatter the silence surrounding sexual violence, prevent sexual assault, and heal survivors through education, social advocacy, and survivor support.
If you or someone you know is a victim of sexual violence:
- Contact RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline by phone at 800-656-HOPE (4673), online at online.rainn.org, y en español a rainn.org/es. Help is free, confidential, and available 24/7.
- Contact your local emergency services at 9-1-1.
- If someone you care about is considering suicide, learn the warning signs, and offer help and support. For more information about suicide prevention please visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or call 800-273-TALK (8255) any time, day or night.
What a great way to show your support and help raise money. Click here to shop my Color Street Store.
My heart goes out to the victims. I can not image the pain and helplessness they must have felt and still feel. I will say many prayers that you find healing and hope.
Always remember, in the midst of chaos, sparkle. Don’t let life dull your shine.
The Manicure Mom